Wednesday, September 17, 2008

response

Now that I have completed the 1 3 9 experiment and started to think a little harder about what interests me, it was a bit of a shock to see what other people interpreted my ideas as. I never would have guessed a market/ exhibition space or a medical facility would have been possibilities for my project- yet they fit what I have in mind. I think the 1 3 9 helped to clarify my thoughts, yet the reinterpretation by others of what I had written read back to me seemed to nail down that "phantom idea", to make it something tangible and less confused. The medical facility does not tickle my fancy- yet the idea of a "putty" architecture that Rachel used to describe my idea and her suggestion of a marketplace/other is of great interest.That's something I might like to explore, though I may play around with it....

1 comment:

luis said...

what does "putty" architecture make you think of?
what about its "programmatic" qualities?

how did the market/exhibition space (or, even the medical facility, that didn't "tickle your fancy") suggest possibilities for your project?

what had you been thinking all along?
just curious...